Two little set backs this evening.
1. I broke Trikky’s neck: The neck has a small lip that allows you to snap the head on and off. My particular Trikky had quite a tight fitting (the original Munny doesn’t seem to be nearly as tight). I guess the tightness in combination with my drilling in combination with my sheer prowess was just enough to make it crack. The good news: I can just super glue it. The bad news, I won’t be able to turn it’s head. No biggie.
2. The Netduino doesn’t support serial communication via USB (yet): According to a forum post, the Netduino doesn’t natively support serial communication throught the USB like the Arduino can. For now, this means that I can’t do a straight port of my code unless I use FTDI.
If there’s still a big delay in getting the USB to work, I think I’ll start looking into how to update either my OCS status or Messenger status via ethernet using my Netduino Plus.
In other news, it looks like I need 2 1Ω resistors each for the blue and green pins and a 68Ω resisitor for the red pin of my RGB LED. I picked up some RL5-RGB-D LEDs from superbrightleds.com. The nice thing about the -D is that it already comes diffused for the same price. Saves me a little sanding.
Next steps in the project:
- Start wiring the LEDs within the Trikky
- Super glue the Trikky head onto the body 😦
- Figure out how to use the Netduino Plus ethernet